By Sean Riley on Sep 11, 2018
Dow Returns as Exclusive Sponsor of The Showcase of Packaging Innovations
The Dow Chemical Company (Dow) returns as the exclusive sponsor of The Showcase of Packaging Innovations® (Booth N-5760) at PACK EXPO International and co-located Healthcare Packaging EXPO (Oct. 14–17, 2018; McCormick Place, Chicago). Housed in the Containers and Materials Pavilion, The Showcase of Packaging Innovations features winning entries from worldwide packaging competitions, according to PACK EXPO producer, PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies.
“Dow stands on the foundation of providing products and solutions that create both value and a competitive advantage. Through our sponsorship of the Showcase of Packaging Innovations, we are displaying how innovation can keep businesses competitive and move the industry forward,” explains Mark Saurin, commercial vice president for Dow’s North America Packaging and Specialty Plastics business. “We are proud to be the sole sponsor of the Showcase of Packaging Innovations since the exhibit’s inception at PACK EXPO in 2003. The Showcase displays the best that the industry has to offer in packaging innovation and we are eager to bring this display to Chicago again to inspire the next generation of packaging design.”
PMMI is pleased to partner with Dow for the 16th consecutive year.
“The Showcase of Packaging Innovations has come to be a show floor favorite at PACK EXPO over the years,” says Jim Pittas, president and CEO, PMMI. “We are thankful for Dow’s partnership on this exciting show floor destination that continues to inspire package designers with packaging that is functional, innovative and sustainable.”
The organizations involved in the 2018 PACK EXPO International Showcase of Packaging Innovations include:
- ABRE — Brazilian Packaging Association
- AIMCAL— Association of International Metallizers, Coaters and Laminators
- AMEE— Asociación Mexicana de Envase y Embalaje
- Dow— 30th Awards for Packaging Innovation (formerly the DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation)
- FPA— Flexible Packaging Association
- FSEA— Foil and Specialty Effects Association
- HCPC— Healthcare Compliance Packaging Council
- IMDA— In-Mold Decorating Association
- IAE— Instituto Argentino del Envase
- IoPP— Institute of Packaging Professionals
- ProFood World's Sustainability Excellence in Manufacturing Awards
- PPC— Paperboard Packaging Council
- Sustainable Packaging Council
- The Tube Council
- WPO— World Packaging Organisation
PACK EXPO International and Healthcare Packaging EXPO is poised to convene 2,500 leading industry suppliers and 50,000 packaging professionals. Registration includes access to both shows and is $30 until Sept. 28, when the price increases to $100. For more information and to register online, visit packexpointernational.com or hcpechicago.com.