Emerson continues to develop its focus on edge computing technologies for industry with the introduction of its PACSystems Edge Solutions. The company says this is “a new portfolio of turnkey industrial edge hardware and software solutions” designed to help OEMs, system integrators, and end users “reduce the time spent integrating, developing, and validating digital transformation projects.”
More specifically, PACSystems Edge Solutions combines Emerson’s Movicon.NExT, WebHMI, Connext OPC UA server, and the PACEdge platform in newly configured software packages to provide connectivity, visualization, and a cloud-enabled toolset. Emerson says the technologies in this portfolio can be used to “connect openly to any field device or control system to create advanced edge computing, plant and energy analytics, and supervisory systems, then present that information on a single, common human machine interface (HMI) from machines to the enterprise level.”
Components of the newly combined PAC Systems Edge Solutions include:
- RXi HMI: Improves visibility into machine operation and performance to provide operators with quick access to critical information.
- RXi Edge Computing: Can capture data from any source to deliver real-time insights and machine learning that is immediately accessible to operators to improve decision making.
- RX3i Edge Controller: For real-time process optimization by combining high-speed, deterministic control and machine intelligence in a single device.
- RXi Edge Analytics: Provides access and visibility to plant productivity, performance, and energy use with pre-configured analytics.
- RXi Supervisor: Connects plant assets and production data into a comprehensive, real-time view of production operations with anywhere-access visualization.
Activities possible with PAC Systems Edge Solutions include securely and proactively monitoring machine health, improving actionability and visibility into performance, and notifying operators of potential issues before they result in downtime.
Emerson says the PAC Systems Edge Solutions portfolio is designed to allow users to start with one application and build as need.
|Read more about the edge computing developments announced by Emerson at PACK EXPO 2020 that led to this new portfolio.|