By Kim Overstreet on Mar 1, 2019
Vision 2025 Top Three Data Management Challenges and Solutions
...to discuss the challenges and solutions of data management in packaging operations. Participants included operations, engineering, CPGs, contract packagers and OEMs.
The top challenges mentioned by Vision 2025 participants:
• Collect, validate and secure. What to collect; how best to collect; how to analyze; how to turn data to information to knowledge; how to validate; and, how to secure and protect the data.
• Artificial Intelligence. Implement greater use of AI to enable machines to provide more data and be more predictive in production operations.
• Timeliness. To make information immediately available to technicians and operators on the plant floor.
Listed among the solutions being considered or already put in play to address some of these challenges are:
• Utilizing data to make more data-driven decisions regarding [ingredient] processing.
• Accessibility. Working to make production operations information at point-of-use more readily available – quicker and easily accessible – especially as it relates to productivity, yield, waste, etc.
• Strategy. Developing a data strategy as a part of the overall automation strategy.
Learn more about key manufacturing challenges that were discussed during Vision 2025, and download the entire 20-page report for FREE here.
Learn more about PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2019 here.