This content was written and submitted by the supplier. It has only been modified to comply with this publication’s space and style.
SMAC’s actuator features several cost reduction elements that result in a list price of $300 for a 25 mm stroke unit and $350 for 50 mm. These include:
• Printed Coil technology with integrated SMAC encoder reader head. Effective investment make this zero.
• Laser cut parts resulting in housing and end cap process times in the 5 to 30 sec range.
• 1 piece multi -pole neodymium magnets.
• Precision linear guide life tested to 500M cycles.
• Automatic assembly - including smart screw driving - done using SMAC’s own products.
• SMAC’s built in VLC (Very Low Cost) controller amplifier offered with various communication protocols.
Performance improvements include:
• Cycle rate of 10 CPS vs pneumatic cylinders limited to 5 CPS. (Slamming of the air cylinder piston causes premature leak).
• Non rotating shaft eliminated the need for a guide shaft on the air cylinder which caused premature cycle failure.
• Programmable on the fly movement profile change made the machine process flexible and virtually eliminated set up time.
Other standard sizes are being added and the use of laser cutting technology also results in quick development of special shapes - this is called MCA inside.