This content was written and submitted by the supplier. It has only been modified to comply with this publication’s space and style.
Carlo Gavazzi’s EM511 meters are bi-directional, thus enabling the separate measurement of imported and generated energy, even in fiscal applications such as in vehicle-to-grid (V2G) technology.
They reduce commissioning time due to a quick setup procedure. In addition to monitoring power, real-time energy consumption, electrical variables, and total harmonic distortion, the EM511 provides other useful information for the maintenance team, such as a built-in run-hour meter that records total operating time.
The series has also been designed to meet the requirements of energy analysis in Industrial and Building automation energy efficiency applications, for MID fiscal cost sharing, cost allocation and power metering.
Main technical features include:
• EM511: Class 1 (kWh) according to EN62053-21, class 2 (kVARh) according to EN62053-23
Class B (kWh) according to EN50470-3
Current inputs: direct connection up to 45 A
• Instantaneous variables readout: (max 5+3) DGT, energy readout: 9 (6+3) DGT
• Voltage inputs: 120 to 240 V with self-power supply
• Current and voltage THD (up to 15th harmonic)
• Energy measurements (imported/exported): total and partial kWh, kVARh, and kVAh
• Run hour meters (relevant to both imported/exported energy: 8+2 DGT). Total operating time
• Digital input for remote contact monitoring, tariff management, partial meter start/stop, or partial meter reset
• Digital output (O1 version), or RS485 Modbus (S1 version) or M-Bus (M1 version)
• Alarm management
• Programmable display and slide show function
• cULus approval; MID certification (PF version), Swiss MID certification (SF version)